The NAB Show, or the National Association of Broadcasters‘ show, is an industry event for advertisers, media, entertainment, and technology companies to showcase innovative products and new developments. Dubbed the “ultimate event for the media, entertainment, and technology industry.”
The NAB puts on an amazing five-day conference for media executives of all levels to network and learn about impactful video solutions.
What are the Travel Video Awards?
The Travel Video Awards (TVAs), brought to you by Citizine, is a new award ceremony set to honor innovative and inspiring travel videos that were released in 2017. These videos that have been submitted are coming from independent film-makers, teams, and brands from all across the world.
The Travel Video Awards recognize unique, cinematic, and front-line digital video content across a diverse range of categories. Nominees will be invited to the show for the Award Ceremony and the winners of the Nomad Award and two Audience Awards will take home cash prizes, and category winners will receive distinction awards!
The NAB Show is being held from Saturday, April 7 -Thursday, April 12. Conference Events will occur throughout the week; however, exhibits will be held from Monday, April 9th until Thursday, April 12th.
The Travel Video Awards will be held on April 11th. The time is still to be determined.
The 2018 NAB Show will be taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Registration & Tickets
To register and buy tickets for the 2018 NAB Show, visit their site here.
For more information on this year’s NAB Show, feel free to check out their information here.
Travel Video Awards
Categories & Prizes
The TVAs will be hosting two groups: the first for independent filmmakers and the other being held for industry filmmakers. Both groups will have the opportunity to win cash prizes, distinction awards, and other incredible prizes.
(photo via TVA)
The independent track honors the best videos from independent filmmakers and will feature two main awards:
- The Nomad Award ($4,000) | This award will be given to the nominee whose submission showcases the highest excellence in travel filmmaking. All nominees are eligible for the Nomad award.
- The Audience Award ($2,000) | The next prize will be awarded to the creator with the highest number of votes on their video from the audience. All nominees have the opportunity to win this award.
There will also be a Best Video by Category section where the independent track honors the best videos from independent filmmakers. All category winners will be given a commemorative trophy and a winner’s digital badge. All nominees will receive the nominee’s digital badge.
Prizes for Best Video by Category will include videos from categories listed below:
- Best Wanderlust Video
- Best Hosted Video
- Best Documentary
- Best Series
(photo via TVA)
The industry track honors the best videos from the travel industry, media companies, production companies, creative or media agencies, and lifestyle brands. This track will feature:
- The Audience Award ($1,500) | This award will be given to the creator that earns the most votes for their travel video by the audience. All nominees are eligible for this award and the winner will have a $1,500 cash prize donated to a charity of Citizine’s choice choosing on the winner’s behalf.
- Best Video by Category | The last awards will be held for the best videos by category in the categories listed below. All category winners will receive a trophy and a winner’s digital badge. All nominees will receive a nominee’s digital badge.
- Best Video by a Cruise or Airline
- Best Video by a Hospitality Brand
- Best Video by Tourism Organization
- Best Video by a Media Company
- Best Video by a Lifestyle Brand
Nominees & Voting
As of March 2nd, the submission process has been closed for the Travel Video Awards and now we wait for the nominees to be announced and for voting to open.
According to the countdown on the TVA website, nominees will be revealed and voting will be opened on Friday, March 16th.
Stay updated on the Travel Video Awards website to keep an eye on the countdown!