Alivia Latimer is an adventurous photographer based out of Los Angeles, California. Through travel and practice, her photographs have greatly improved since she first started. Now shooting for brands such as Banana Republic, Seventeen Magazine, and Macy’s, photography has taken over as a career for Alivia.
I started taking photos in September 2014, but it wasn’t until the beginning of this year, around January 2016, that I started to actually pursue it as a career.
I wish I had a super glamorous story of how I got into photography, but instead it went something like this…I told my friends I didn’t want to have a normal job, and I wanted to find a creative way to earn an income. They said, “you have a camera, you should become a photographer” and so I did.
Natural landscapes are definitely my go to places to shoot. There is nothing quite like the great outdoors.
I tend to be drawn towards shooting portraits, but I have been encouraging myself lately to shoot more lifestyle content, and I’ve really grown to enjoy it!
I make my own presets on Lightroom, so when I import photos to edit, they already have my preset on on them, which is super efficient. From there I just tweak each image as needed. Pretty simple!
While it may be a little restricting, I only shoot around sunrise and sunset. Preferably sunrise, if I want really soft light.
Ahhh, I would love to travel so many places to shoot. I think the first, and most realistic on my list would be the Pacific Northwest. I’ve never been there, and the landscapes seem incredible. On a larger scale, I think New Zealand would be super neat.
My photography goals I’d like to achieve by the end of this year are to zero in on my editing routine even more, as well as be shooting close to every day, which is something I am not doing right now.
For more on Alivia, you can find her on Instagram (@alivialatimer), on Twitter (@alivialatimer), and on her YouTube channel. Also, for more on Alivia’s portfolio, you can check out her website.
- Why Basic Photography Concepts Apply to All Businesses
- How to Customize Your Workspace in After Effects
- The Best CRM Tools for Small Businesses
- Top 10 Best Android Apps for Video Editing
- Iconic Advertisements + Inspiration from 1950’s LIFE Magazine
- What is Vimeo OTT?
- Color Grading Work for Draft Day’s Die Bout Mine Music Video
- 7 Creative Free Mockups to Display Your Design Work
- The Hero’s Journey in Business Storytelling
- FREE Film + Analog Lightroom Presets from Equalitools
- How to Shoot a Cinematic Documentary/Interview
- ISO: Freelance Social Media Creators (paid opp)
July 27, 2021
July 12, 2021
July 14, 2021
July 8, 2021
July 23, 2021
July 6, 2021