Cinestill has launched their newest product – Df96, a ready-to-use, reusable, monobath processor for black and white film. The company has informed the public that it is the world’s fastest process for B&W film – one that can develop your film in only 3 minutes.
See Examples and Results of Developing with CineStill’s DF96 Monobath, One-Step Solution in our more recent article here!
See the Developer in Action in our Tutorial Below
For lab-tenders and analog fans across the world, this news of a new one-step solution is an incredible feeling. All of the irritation dealing with multiple chemicals, dilution, agitation, time, etc… has seemed to fly out the window with this unheard of solution.
Some of the features of the solution include:
- Ability to process 16+ rolls of film
- Can process 1-8 rolls at a time
- Solution for any B&W film
- Designed for traditional cubic-grain emulsion with high silver content
- Works with any and all black-and-white film stocks
- Worlds fastest process at 80°F (27°C) in just 3min!
- Flexible processing temperatures 70-80°F (21-27°C)
- Instructions for processing at any room temperature included
- Temp. tolerance is +/-2°F (1°C)
- For normal or push processing
- Push/Pull processing by adjusting temp. +/- 10°F (6°C)
- Reusable, all-in-one solution.
- Extremely versatile self-completing process
- No special processor needed (use standard processing tanks and reels)
- Fully archival
- Odor-free (unlike home concoctions or old formulations)
With the ability to purchase worldwide, anyone can get their hands on this outstanding new product from Cinestill here. It is also advised to request your local Cinestill dealer to get in touch with Cinestill to see if they can start stocking the new product in their shop so you can start processing right away!
To get started developing with Df96 all you’ll need to do is have your film reels and tanks as you normally would and make sure the solution is set at 80°F (~27°C). From here, with the simple solution, all you need to do is pour the monobath into your developing tank. In just three minutes your photos will be developed and ready to hang up for drying.
Check out some samples of photos developed with the Df96 single-step solution below:
The solution is currently priced at $16.99 on the Cinestill website for a limtted time offer with a regular price of $19.99. The bottle contains enough solution for 16+rolls of film and could shake the analog world. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see many more photographers developing and scanning their own photos after hearing the news of this new, incredible solution.
For more information on Df96, be sure to check out Cinestill’s product page here.